Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Infinity

Author's Note: This piece is based off of my experience in the Infinity Chamber in the Milwaukee Art Museum. It was a unique experience when I set foot into the glass box. When I entered, I was surrounded by beautiful lights that appeared to stretch on forever. It reflected back everything, with nothing to hide. This gave me the inspiration to write this poem.

Dark as Night
Light as Day
The stars stretch out
And touch my hands
It stretches on
Through the impossibilities
Shows me
A Past
Full of memories
A Present
Full of life
A Future
Full of mystery
Nothing to hide
Nothing to fear
Nothing
And Everything
As I travel through
Infinity

1 comment:

  1. This poem is very lyrical and really makes sense to the initial feeling you have when you walk into the infinity chamber. I love the way you write your poems, short and filled with symbols, yet so straightforward and crazy good!

    ReplyDelete