Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Something More

Author's Note: This is a poem inspired by "The Dandelion" from the Milwaukee Art Museum. When I first saw this sculpture, I immediately felt drawn to it. This piece also got me thinking about how young children are always picking up dandelions and making a wish on them. I experimented with a pattern in the stanzas as well.

It blows through the air
From a wind
A breath
Silently wishing
For something more

They hold a stem
From a field
A hope
Standing alone
Wanting something more

A journey taken
From a seed
A blow
Transforms itself
Into something more

7 comments:

  1. This is really pretty, Sammy! It has kind of a light feeling to it. I think you should make it longer, because just when I was getting into the feel of it, it was over! I'd really like to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Alaina that you should expand it. The format was very different and added a cool aspect to this piece. I would try things like this more often if I were you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked this piece for it's simplicity and the idea of it based off such a fond childhood memory. The author's note did help to understand your view point on what you wrote. I also like the repetition in the piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As Derek and Alaina said, it was good, but I almost wanted more. Like a final stanza to sum it up. I really enjoyed the repetition of the poem and enjoyed the lines decreasing to a single object and then increasing again, like a flight pattern of a dandelion. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was so pretty. I agree with Alaina, it has a light feeling to it that makes you feel like a little kid again. I really hope you add more to this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really liked this poem and I totally agree with what everyone said above. I think that you should add more too it because you could definitely turn something that is good into great! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with everyone here. You definitely should expand it. I loved how you interpreted the art too. The formatting was really cool and you just did a really good job with this piece

    ReplyDelete