Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Truman Show Part Dos: Changing Things


Author's Note: For my second post for the Truman Show, I chose to write a poem describing the emotions and feelings that Truman was going through.  He is starting to really question things and wants to break away, and I tried to capture those kinds of feeling in this piece.

I look around,
At familiar faces.
Familiar places.
What has happened,
To everything I knew?
I had it all,
But I wanted none of it.
I feel like running,
Yet there is no where,
To go.
I feel like crying,
But no one,
Would stop the tears.
All I remember,
All of the moments,
All of the memories,
Feel lost.
I try to get away.
I seek the truth.
They won't stop me,
And neither will I.
Never again,
Will I be same.

5 comments:

  1. You know, one of the first things that strikes me about this piece is how it is risk-taking for you. I reflect on how this was simply not something you would ever turn your hand to willingly in the past, and now, with certain confidence, you publish such a wide variety. Beautiful. You are such a writer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked it. It flowed together well, as like sentences but had a really good rhythm to it too and made you think. Good job

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such a good post. I love how it's a poem, but it's in a text like someone was just speaking it naturally. Like Erin said, it had great rythym, and the flowing of lines was great. Terrific job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flow of the poem gave it a really cool feel. I liked how you really seemed to capture Truman's feelings. Good poem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really picked up on a "Plato's Allegory of the Cave" theme in the poem and that is one of the main themes in the Truman Show, so I think you hit the nail right on the head.

    ReplyDelete